The Sonoma County Book Festival is your chance to wow an audience and win some cash at the same time!
This event is open to teens between the ages of 13 and 19.
Poetry Slam Tips
- Practice in front of friends.
- Have 3 poems ready in case you make it to the finals.
- Time each poem to make sure it won’t go over the 3 minute limit.
- If you can, experiment with a mic. It’s got a different feeling at first.
- Try to memorize your poems. But even if you need notes, don’t just read them.
Know your poems pretty darn well, so you’re just glancing at the paper in your hands.
- Relax and have fun. The audience is on your side. They just want to hear what you have to say!
Sonoma County Book Festival/Teen Poetry Slam (Facebook)
Still have questions? Email them to Michelle Wing at email@example.com